I know, I know. I'm probably going to be one of those wives that create sandwiches for their husbands all the time, like that typical "stereotype" or whatever you call it. But I really do enjoy making these sandwiches, and most of all: eating them. Ugh, they're so delicious.
So first let's start off with grilled cheese. I absolutely love grilled cheese- maybe it's just because I'm such a cheesy person. :) Below I'll show you how to make it. Most people know, but I didn't know until recently and this may help some of those sandwich-challenged people. :)
Recipe: Grilled Cheese
1. Prepare your ingredients. Take out some margarine, two slices of bread (whole wheat is preferred since it's healthier, but grilled cheese isn't too healthy in general), and two slices of American Cheese.
2. Spread the margarine on one side of both breads. Here I balanced one on top my bread bag and the other faced down on my pan. Ensure that your first bread is faced down butter-side on the pan because that will be in replacement of oil (it'll help your bread grill and not toast/burn).
3. Add your cheese. I add two slices of American Cheese to make it extra cheesy and delicious, but for those who aren't fond of having a cheese overload, one slice is fine.
4. Add the other slice on top, butter-side faced outwards.
5. Put it on the stove at medium heat and wait 1 or two minutes. Flip it over and grill the other side as well.
4. Cut your sandwich into fancy triangles and wala! The picture I have here isn't the best, but whatever, it tasted the same. :)
Now here's another sandwich that I thoroughly enjoy. I generally do not enjoy eating toasted bread, but this is an exception.
Recipe: Tomato Sandwich
1. Toast your bread. I never toast my bread unless I make this kind of sandwich. Seriously, it makes the difference.
2. Apply yo’ mayo. The more you put on each inner side of your toast, the creamier.
3. Cut a couple of slices of tomatoes and place them between the two slices of bread.
4. Cut your sandwich fancily into triangles and enjoy! I added a couple of slices of pepper jack cheese because it’s yummy. :)